Thank you for taking the time to meet with me and our Operational Excellence project team. The input you provided as part of the team’s listening tour is invaluable and will help us identify pain points that we can address in the short and long term.

To be sure our team keeps you updated, I’m starting a series of regular emails to report on the progress and assure you that we are moving forward.

Under the provost’s leadership, we meet weekly to share updates and get his feedback.

Here are a few updates:

• We’ve met with five schools, three administrative units and subject matter experts in human resources, finance, research administration and procurement.
  • The Operational Excellence steering committee had its first meeting on Oct. 10, and reviewed and aligned on overall goals and discussed themes heard in the early sessions of the listening tour.
  • We’ve formed a design team that will begin to address changes needed in our hiring process for EHRA non-faculty and SHRA roles. Members of the design team have begun meeting every Tuesday morning for four hours to think boldly about ways to improve the process

I’ve attached three slides that outline our guiding principles for the effort and the team members so you’ll know who is working on these teams.

I look forward to sharing updates with you and to hearing your feedback. In the meantime, if you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu .

Thank you! Have a great weekend!

Best,

Rick