This will be our last update of 2019. As we close out the year we are continuing to work on the following initiatives:
- Student Registration: After evaluating registration models used by peer institutions, the Student Registration Design Team began work on re-designing the registration model to meet the following objectives:
- Reduce stress among students, staff and ConnectCarolina during registration
- Enhance equitability
- Enhance student’s ability to register for courses to progress to graduate
- Reduce the number of conflicts between appointment times and class schedule
- Data Use & Literacy: The Data Use & Literacy Design Team continued discussing both data and visualization components of the salary dashboard. They also had the opportunity to test the first draft of the dashboard and provide feedback.
- Research: This week the Research Design Team continued crafting our plan for rolling out the playbooks and engagement model to campus still slated to begin early next year.
In addition, Operational Excellence has created a resource card to remind employees of new resources available. These include the hiring playbook, student employment website, travel website and procurement resources, with more on the way! Click here to download and print the card. You can also bookmark https://operationalexcellence.unc.edu/resources/.
We hope you have a wonderful holiday season and happy new year. Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates and submit feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com. I read every email.