Good afternoon,  

Last week, the Operational Excellence Steering Committee held our first meeting of the calendar year. It is always inspiring to come together with this group, and I am grateful for both the returning and new faces.  

Our meeting focused on updates regarding our three current initiativesResearch, Data Use & Literacy, and Student Registration, as well an upcoming initiative that will kick off in April or May 2020 with UNC Global’s International Student and Scholar ServicesOE Transformation Manager Jason Derrick is working with UNC Global leadership to sketch out the timeline, scope and structure of their initiative, including the members of their design team. The OE team is looking forward to working with a new part of campus this spring and I will continue to update you all as the project takes shape in the coming months.  

Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates and submit feedbackThank you to those of you who have shared their thoughtful comments with me over the last couple of week in response to these updates. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu. I read every email.

Thanks,
Rick