Good afternoon,

As we wrap up our third week of working remotely, I want to give a brief look at some of the ways Operational Excellence is currently engaged with campus.

On Monday, I had the opportunity to speak to the Faculty Executive Committee about the work that our team is doing. One question I received was, “How has COVID-19 disrupted the work that Operational Excellence is able to do?” In short, our team continues to move forward with current projects when our partners in the functional area can move forward, but we have also directed our focus to other areas as needed.

For example, OE Transformation Manager Candace Reynolds continues to make progress in the Data Use & Literacy workstream while also planning for a new project. I look forward to sharing more in future emails about her new project to improve satisfaction with the executive search process in collaboration with the Academic Personnel Office.

I will not be sending an update next Friday due to the University holiday, but please feel free to reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu if you have any questions or feedback. I read every email.

Thanks,
Rick