Good afternoon,

Since the inception of Operational Excellence in the fall of 2018, a key element of our work has included listening and learning about the complex operations and administrative processes that drive Carolina forward. As we enter a new chapter for OE, we’re excited to announce the OE Campus Tour which aims to provide our team with a better understanding of the inner workings of campus operations as we collaborate with partners to drive transformation.

This week, I joined transformation manager Candace Reynolds in visiting the Hussman School of Journalism and Media’s new Curtis Media Center. This incredible building includes a high-tech broadcast studio, makerspace, podcast studio, and active learning classrooms for students. I’d like to personally thank Charlie Tuggle for showing us this remarkable space.

Our team also attended Mail 101: Utilizing Mail Services at UNC-Chapel Hill on June 21st and will be meeting with the Reese Innovation Lab in August. We are currently in the process of building out a schedule for the OE Campus Tour. If you are interested in hosting our team, please reach out to Nick Sengstaken at nick.sengstaken@unc.edu.

Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit us at our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates and submit feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu. I read every email.

Best,

Rick