Good afternoon,

On behalf of the OE Team, I want to wish you all a Happy New Year! We hope that you had a wondrous winter break and are excited to continue supporting transformative change across the University throughout 2023.

Today, I am excited to kick off the new year by announcing the return of our Golden Ticket program. As many of you know, the Golden Ticket program was implemented in 2020 to incentivize healthy behaviors on campus. This year, the purpose of the Golden Ticket program is to recognize participation with Operational Excellence.

For eligibility, Golden Tickets will be awarded to those with noteworthy involvement in the following OE initiatives:

• Advisory engagements
  • Facilitation sessions
  • Solution design participation
  • Transformation and change management projects
  •  Trainings
    • Lean Foundations
    • Any future trainings

Watch for an email from Vernadette Delos Santos on Feb. 10 to see if you received a Golden Ticket, along with further instructions. There will be multiple instances for you to earn a Golden Ticket and multiple opportunities to enter the drawing for upcoming months. As always, we look to our campus partners for opportunities to collaborate on university-wide initiatives that foster a culture of improvement at Carolina and encourage impactful change.

Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates and submit feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu. I read every email.

Best,
Rick