Dashboards created through Operational Excellence projects can now be accessed from the Carolina Analytics Portal at analytics.unc.edu. After logging in with your Onyen, scroll down on the homepage to find the Staff Hiring – Operations Dashboard, Staff Hiring – Executive Dashboard, and Procurement – Low Dollar Spend Dashboard.
Calendar Year 2023: Course Setup — Waitlist
The following tool was updated for the Course Setup Playbook.
- Course Setup Playbook: Updates to this playbook regarding the waitlist process were developed as a resource for Student Services Managers.
Calendar Year 2022: Fixed-Term Faculty Appointment Letters
The following tools were developed for the Fixed-Term Faculty Appointment Letters Project:
- Fixed-Term Faculty Training Video
- Faculty Appointment ePAR Slides
- Faculty Reappointment and Extension ePAR Slides
- Faculty Promotion ePAR slides
- Letter Draft Process Slides
- Appointment Letter Template
- Mail Merge Spreadsheet Template
- Mail Merge Spreadsheet Template Example
- Required ePAR Document
- Additional information regarding faculty appointments, promotion, and tenure can be found HERE.
Calendar Year 2021: Course Setup — Reserved Seats
The following tools were developed for the Course Setup – Reserved Seats Project:
- Course Setup Playbook: This playbook was developed as a resource for Student Services Managers as part of the Course Setup – Reserved Seats Project. It is not a complete guide to course setup, but the Office of the University Registrar, in collaboration with the Office of Undergraduate Curriculum, will continue adding content to make this a comprehensive resource for Student Services Managers.
Calendar Year 2021: Future of Work
The following tools were developed for the Future of Work Project:
- Flexible Work Options Playbook: Developed by the Future of Work Project, the Flexible Work Location Options Playbook and supporting materials provide tools and resources to help supervisors and non-faculty employees work together to determine the best approach for their team and the mission of their department. The Playbook includes a decision-making framework, implementation resources and guidance to support equitable and consistent approaches for offering flexible work arrangements to non-faculty employees.
- Additional information regarding flexible work arrangements for university employees can be found HERE.
Calendar Year 2019: Student Registration Appointments
The following tools were developed for the Student Registration Appointments Project:
- Registration Guide: This online resource details the changes made by the Student Registration Design Team and their work to create a registration process that is more transparent, alleviates feelings of being rushed, and makes access to classes more equitable.
Calendar Year 2019: Research
The following tools were developed for the Research project:
- Research Playbooks: These online resources were developed to support researchers and research administrators through the stages of the award lifecycle. The first playbook to be released, the Proposal Playbook, and an online training to support new users are available on the Office of Sponsored Research’s website.
Calendar Year 2019: Student Employment
The following tools were developed for the Student Employment project:
- Student Employment Website: Built a one-stop-shop website with consolidated information on all stages of student employment for student employees, their supervisors and hiring representatives.
Calendar Year 2019: Travel & Expense
The following tools were developed for the Travel & Expense project:
- Travel Website: Designed a one-stop-shop website to assist faculty, staff and students who travel for University business with pre-travel and post-travel planning, policy and reimbursement.
- Travel Checklist: Created a streamlined checklist for the traveler to follow during the pre-travel planning process, while traveling, and post-travel.
- Quick Reference Guide: Developed to help travelers and administrative staff easily find resources for booking and paying for travel, conference registration and lodging, and steps for ensuring smooth international travel and reimbursement process.
Calendar Year 2018: Procurement
The following tools were developed for the Procurement project:
- Purchasing Decision Tree: Developed a tool to help users determine the most appropriate purchasing method for each purchase. Training sessions ensure users are familiar with existing and new purchasing resources.
- P-Card Process Checklist: Built a streamlined checklist of exactly what needs to be done for P-Card transactions to be completed efficiently, eliminating unnecessary steps the team discovered are commonly being taken by several campus units.
- Procurement – Low Dollar Spend Dashboard: Created to track purchasing decisions and help identify and prioritize areas of improvement for procurement and purchasing teams. The dashboard allows senior leaders to see the progress in their units, and provide guidance and support when needed.
Calendar Year 2018: Staff Hiring
The following tools were developed for the Staff Hiring project:
- Hiring Playbook: Guides hiring managers and HR representatives step by step through the hiring process in 45 days and provides best practices from across the campus community.
- Staff Hiring – Operations Dashboard: Provides an overview of active hiring events so that hiring managers and senior leaders can see the status within their units and identify where additional support may be needed.
- Staff Hiring – Executive Dashboard: Provides a higher level overview of how organizations are doing against targets set by the Operational Excellence Initiative.