It’s been a busy two weeks for the Carolina Excellence team, and we continue to engage employees across the University to transform our administrative operations. Here are a few highlights:
- Steering Committee: In its third meeting, this group heard members of the functional redesign teams from human resources, finance and research administration share visions for the future of their organizations.
- HR and procurement pilot projects: Both early impact teams held multiple workshops to create tools needed to fully pilot their solutions. The project to improve the hiring process is being piloted in the Gillings School of Global Public Health and the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research, while the pilot procurement project to improve for processing payments of $250 or less is underway in the School of Dentistry and Athletics.
- Listening tours: The most recent listening sessions were with the General Alumni Association and the Internal Audit Office.
- Provost visits: Provost Bob Blouin visited Kenan-Flagler Business School to share an overview of Carolina Excellence. This visit was the first of many scheduled around the campus.
- Carolina Excellence website: We’ve launched a website: https://carolinaexcellence.sites.unc.edu/. While you can find my updates on the website, I’ll also continue to email them.
Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com .
Thank you! Have a great weekend!