It’s been a busy week for the Carolina Excellence team as we work to share new processes more broadly across campus.
- In the procurement process pilot, purchasing managers in the School of Dentistry and Athletics, have identified several vendors that should be moved onto more efficient purchasing methods making it easier for faculty and staff to make purchases. The new process also includes a tool for selecting the right purchasing method allows for an improved end-user experience and ensures purchases are tracked to the right category.
- As part of the human resources hiring process pilot, HR representatives in the Gillings School of Global Public Health and the Vice Chancellor for Research organization continue to coach and support hiring managers through the improved hiring system.
- Team members working on both pilot teams are gearing up to roll out the new processes to additional schools and units the week of Feb. 18.
- Following last week’s successful Steering Committee meeting, we are also preparing to launch two new design teams.
- The first will streamline the research project life cycle process to eliminate duplication, improve faculty experience and increase the number of submitted proposals.
- The second will clearly define roles and responsibilities in our administrative support functions to remove unnecessary complexity and redundancy for faculty, staff and students.
Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website, https://carolinaexcellence.unc.edu/ to learn more about Carolina Excellence and to see all of my previous updates. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com .