Good afternoon –
The month of September marks the one-year anniversary of Operational Excellence. Our team is busy planning for the year ahead, but I wanted to take a moment to reflect on the core themes that have led to our initial success. Here are a few takeaways:
- Collaboration across campus: We’ve been grateful for the collaboration with the Carolina community throughout this process. To date, we’ve worked with more than 250 employees to design and implement of solutions that improve the quality, functionality and accuracy of administrative services.
- Listening and feedback: When we started this project, we heard from several hundred employees. The feedback we have received throughout this process – from the listening tour, design teams and from leadership has enabled us to refine the projects and deliver impactful solutions. This work will also ladder into Carolina’s strategic plan.
- Ongoing communication: We try our best to communicate regular updates and we hope this ongoing communication enables employees across the University to stay informed about the progress to date and share feedback.
- Celebrating early success: By selecting initiatives with immediate impact in the early impact stage – staff hiring and small-dollar spending – we were able to see progress early on and build momentum for Operational Excellence.
- Teamwork: I want to thank the Operational Excellence and the many others who have contributed to this work. From the development of dashboards and surveys to printing posters, the team has worked nimbly behind the scenes each week to ensure we continue to make weekly progress.
Thank you everyone for the success of year one, and we look forward to sharing future updates with you. As always, please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates and submit feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at email@example.com. I read every email.