Good afternoon,

We often find ourselves juggling multiple personal and professional responsibilities. Being pulled in so many different directions leaves little time to reflect on what we’re actually doing. Are we so distracted by being busy that we miss solutions to our most obvious obstacles?

It’s important to take the time to address obstacles, whatever they may be, so that we can move forward. I encourage you to take a moment this week to slow down and reflect on the root of your challenges. While tough, investing mindfully in confronting our biggest problems helps us find ways to better navigate and overcome current and future difficulties. In a bit of exciting OE news, I am honored to announce my election to the Board of Directors for the Network for Change and Continuous Innovation (NCCI). This opportunity serves as an avenue to collaborate with esteemed institutional partners. We will work together to continuously improve and share best practices to improve higher education.

Finally, I’d like to inform you about a change in our communication schedule for the summer. OE updates will be sent the second Friday of each month instead of weekly. We will resume regular weekly updates after Labor Day.

Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can also visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates, and submit feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu. I read every email.    

   

Best, 
Rick