Good afternoon,

I hope you all are doing well.

The Operational Excellence Steering Committee is often a source of ideas for our team regarding new opportunities for us to engage with campus, as well as a space in which we can learn from our colleagues. Though we have decided to postpone our Steering Committee meeting that was scheduled for April 20th, it is important that we stay tuned in to the daily operations of campus units.

I want to invite you all to share some examples of “good catches” with me. The OE team uses “good catch” to mean a challenge that someone flags as an opportunity for operational improvement. Good catches can be big or small and involve any level of operations. They can be challenges that you or someone in your unit has already taken action on, or an opportunity you have identified as a chance for future work.

What good catches have you or a colleague observed in your area? I value your feedback and would welcome the opportunity to hear from you. Please feel free to share this email with your colleagues. You can visit our website to learn more about Operational Excellence, read my previous updates, and share feedback. If you have any questions, please reach out to me at wernoski@email.unc.edu. I read every email.

Thanks,
Rick